Conference theme: “Changing Climates”
Dates: Wednesday, November 20 – Sunday, November 24, 2019
We will be convening in Vancouver, on unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations.
Membership and registration
To attend the joint conference through CASCA, you must:
- pay for your CASCA membership (click here)
- pay for your conference registration through CASCA (click here)
Questions? Contact Karli Whitmore, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CASCA Special Events
We strongly recommend booking your accommodation through the AAA-CASCA block booking system. Why? Find out here.
The hotel room block is now open. In order to make your housing reservation, you must first be registered to attend the meeting through either CASCA or the AAA. To secure your housing accommodations follow the easy steps below.
- Confirm you have already registered for the Annual Meeting (through either CASCA or AAA). If you are newly registering through CASCA, allow one business day for us to upload your info to the joint registration database.
- Visit the housing portal here and log in with the same email address you used to register.
- Make your hotel selection and follow the prompts to complete your registration. You will receive a confirmation email once your reservation has been made.
The hotel reservation deadline is Tuesday, October 29, 2019 and you must use the AAA housing portal to obtain discounted rates, as contacting hotels directly will not provide access to our discounted rates.
For information about the accessibility of these hotels, go to this page.
- Housing questions? Contact email@example.com.
- Membership and registration questions? Contact Karli Whitmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking for a roommate to reduce costs, you can advertise through the CASCA Conference Classifieds. Email email@example.com for circulation and posting on the Conference Classifieds page. You can also use the AAA’s online portal for attendees to share information with anyone wishing to share a hotel room within the housing block. Join the list of people searching for roommates or view the current list of people who have joined the roommate search.
Disclaimer: Please note that the AAA/CASCA will not be matching you up or assigning roommates. This space is designated as a meeting place for you to get in contact with potential roommates; however, it is your responsibility to set up arrangements. The AAA/CASCA are not responsible for any liability or financial obligation that may arise from voluntary matching made via this space.
The AAA has compiled some useful information about travel within Vancouver, including a discount code for the airport shuttle, on this page.
The official Canadian Airline for the 2019 CASCA-AAA Annual Meeting is Air Canada. Through this partnership, annual meeting attendees may access a discount of up to 12% on flights to Vancouver. To book a flight using the discount, go to aircanada.com and enter the following promotion code in the search panel: FZZBVGA1
- The booking is to be made to Vancouver, YVR (BC).
- The travel period begins Tuesday, November 12, 2019 and ends Sunday, December 01, 2019.
- Travel is valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- A discount of 5% will apply to standard fares for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S. For International travel (destinations outside North America), a 10% discount will apply to standard and higher fares.
See details: https://www.americananthro.org/AMChildcare